- On July 24th, 2008, the University of Washington did a study on leading detergents.
What they found is that 99% of laundry detergents released cancer causing chemicals that are legally hazardous and toxic by the EPA(Environmental Protection Agency)
Most of them were NOT on the label. That's the scary part.
Many detergent companies use top-secret formulas that contain the very same chemicals listed as hazardous. They call it something else, yet it's still the same toxic stuff.
- The most deadly of all these chemicals is something called nonylphenol ethoxylate. I know, it's a mouth-full! I can't even spell it it... and... this chemical is so toxic...
- It's BANNED in Canada, and in ALL of Europe! Yet the United States continues its use.
- It's is a major ingredient in pesticides. It's used to KILL.
- It is extremely harmful to your body because it imitates the hormone 'estrogen'
- When these artificial hormone like chemicals get into your blood stream through your skin, they start to cause serious damage to your body.
- The Journal of Pesticide Reform shows strong evidence that these chemicals cause severe damage to heart and muscle function.
- Damage to your sex & reproductive system
- Severely reduced sperm counts in men.
- Abnormal breast development in infant girls.
- Most people ask: "I've been using laundry detergent all my life, what's the big deal?"
- Just like lead poisoning, the effects of these chemicals usually are not instant, they gradually eat away at your health over time, because they are absorbed through your skin.
- Your skin is like a sponge. The chemicals in laundry detergent end up on your clothes, they are never rinsed completely. As you wear them on your body, the chemicals soak into your skin.
- Have you ever had dry, itchy, or irritable skin in area where you wear clothes? Do you ever get headaches when cleaning?
- These may the initial 'mild' symptoms of these toxins in your body. Over time this toxic gunk can build up in your body and begin to wreak havoc on your immune system and over-all health.
- I am not saying these chemicals are the main cause of disease... However, companies shouldn't have the right to put toxic chemicals into something you put on your skin, and on your children, without you knowing about it.
- Over the past 30 years skin-cancer rates have increased dramatically, and the cancer rate in America is now 1 in 3. Yes... one in three people get cancer. It used to be just 1 in 5 not long ago!
I personally know over a dozen people who have cancer, have died of cancer, or have had cancer ...including my grandfather who passed away last year. How many do you know?
While there's no magic pill to cure the serious illnesses rampant today, removing these toxic chemicals,from your life is definitely a step in the right direction, because...
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Cancer causing detergents
at 1/16/2010 01:22:00 AM